    SubjectRe: Strange EHCI/OHCI IRQ and other PCI errors on boot with 2.6.32 (which 2.6.26 did not see) on Geode LX/CS5536.
    From
    On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 05:06:53PM -0500, Alan Stern wrote:
    > On Wed, 20 Jan 2010, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
    >
    > > On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 03:20:46PM -0500, Alan Stern wrote:
    > > > Okay, this means that something else is affecting the IRQ line.
    > >
    > > Yep. I went and disabled irq5 on the LPC bus, and that didn't help.

    > > > That's probably because the kernel disabled the IRQ after 100000
    > > > unhandled interrupts, and re-enabled it each time a new device was
    > > > registered for that IRQ.
    > >
    > > Certainly seems to be the case.
    > >
    > > > Or you could just stop using USB on the old box. :-)
    > >
    > > Well I just tried another box, and same thing.
    > >
    > > If I boot with 'irqpoll' then everything seems fine.
    > >
    > > Any idea how I can figure out why irqpoll makes it happy? Does it give
    > > any reports anywhere about misrouted irqs?
    >
    > Not that I know of.

    That's unfortunate. After all it would be nice if irqpoll found an
    unhandled irq and called all the other handlers and the irq went away,
    then a report of which handler cleared it would be very helpful.

    > Does 2.6.26 fail on the new machine?

    Yes.

    As far as I can tell some machines don't see the problem. I am still
    investigating that.

    > Are you using a .config different from the one that used to work with
    > 2.6.26?

    Well of course, but not for the USB settings. It is supposed to be the
    same as far as possible. I will go compare them in more detail.

    --
    Len Sorensen

      Last update: 2010-01-20 23:41    [W:0.022 / U:36.080 seconds]