SubjectRe: Strange EHCI/OHCI IRQ and other PCI errors on boot with 2.6.32 (which 2.6.26 did not see) on Geode LX/CS5536.
From
On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 05:06:53PM -0500, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 03:20:46PM -0500, Alan Stern wrote:
> > > Okay, this means that something else is affecting the IRQ line.
> >
> > Yep. I went and disabled irq5 on the LPC bus, and that didn't help.

> > > That's probably because the kernel disabled the IRQ after 100000
> > > unhandled interrupts, and re-enabled it each time a new device was
> > > registered for that IRQ.
> >
> > Certainly seems to be the case.
> >
> > > Or you could just stop using USB on the old box. :-)
> >
> > Well I just tried another box, and same thing.
> >
> > If I boot with 'irqpoll' then everything seems fine.
> >
> > Any idea how I can figure out why irqpoll makes it happy? Does it give
> > any reports anywhere about misrouted irqs?
>
> Not that I know of.

That's unfortunate. After all it would be nice if irqpoll found an
unhandled irq and called all the other handlers and the irq went away,
then a report of which handler cleared it would be very helpful.

> Does 2.6.26 fail on the new machine?

Yes.

As far as I can tell some machines don't see the problem. I am still
investigating that.

> Are you using a .config different from the one that used to work with
> 2.6.26?

Well of course, but not for the USB settings. It is supposed to be the
same as far as possible. I will go compare them in more detail.

--
Len Sorensen

  Last update: 2010-01-20 23:41    [W:0.058 / U:0.676 seconds]