    SubjectRe: [ipw3945-devel] hang on 2.6.33-rc4
    Hi Reinette,

    On Fr, 15 Jan 2010, reinette chatre wrote:
    > > I am having repeatable complete hard lockups on my laptop with 2.6.33-rc4.
    > > works fine.
    > >
    > > I believe that it is related to the network, because sometimes I can
    > > actually log in (gnomes session) and as soon as I do some network
    > > related suddenly hard hang, not even Sysrq working anymore.
    > >
    > > Interestingly it only happens at a specific AP where the ESSID is
    > > hidden (at work). At home I can work without any problems (ESSID not
    > > hidden).
    > >
    > > Unfortunately I cannot set up a serial console or similar.
    > Does that mean no netconsole either? Does anything show up in the logs?
    > Is it easy to reproduce? If so, perhaps you can have increased debug at
    > that time and hopefully something will be captured in the logs when the
    > problem occurs.

    Ok, I can confirm that setting up the network is not the problem, nor
    is it pinging other hosts. But ssh-ing into another server
    made it go boom. From the screenshot I attach it looks like something
    in TCP code (that explains why it does not happen in pings), below
    I see tcp_data_snd_check

    I managed to swithc in time to a console with tail -f syslog before
    it hard locked up. The log files are empty, but I got a screenshot photo
    which has some hopefully useful information. I cannot scroll up or down
    anymore ...

    If you want me to create a bug report or you create one in bugzilla,
    I can also upload it htere, but I attach it for now.

    Best wishes

    Norbert Preining preining@{,,}
    JAIST, Japan TU Wien, Austria Debian TeX Task Force
    DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094
    SOLENT (adj.)
    Descriptive of the state of serene self-knowledge reached through
    --- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff
    [unhandled content-type:image/jpeg]
     \ /
      Last update: 2010-01-19 06:51    [W:0.038 / U:120.724 seconds]