    SubjectRe: linux-next: add utrace tree
    Hi Frank,

    On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 16:16:46 -0500 "Frank Ch. Eigler" <> wrote:
    > Having been reviewed a couple of times, and we hope being a good
    > candidate for merging next time, please start pulling
    > git:// branch master

    I have added this from today with you and utrace-devel as the contacts.
    I have cc'd the wider community on this email so that people are aware
    that this has been included.

    > This repo contains frequent merges from Linus' tree. If you'd prefer
    > a cleaner rebase-based branch to pull from, we can make one of those too.

    For now it is OK, but you might like to ask Linus if he would like it
    cleaned up before submission since it seems to have history right back to
    2.6.29 and (as you say) lots of merges with his tree.

    You should also add a commit with an entry in MAINTAINERS.

    [Standard boilerplate]

    Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next. As
    you may know, this is not a judgment of your code. The purpose of
    linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
    conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

    You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
    * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
    * posted to the relevant mailing list,
    * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
    * successfully unit tested, and
    * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

    Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
    to fetch). It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

    Stephen Rothwell

    Legal Stuff:
    By participating in linux-next, your subsystem tree contributions are
    public and will be included in the linux-next trees. You may be sent
    e-mail messages indicating errors or other issues when the
    patches/commits from your subsystem tree are merged and tested in
    linux-next. These messages may also be cross-posted to the linux-next
    mailing list, the linux-kernel mailing list, etc. The linux-next tree
    project and IBM (my employer) make no warranties regarding the linux-next
    project, the testing procedures, the results, the e-mails, etc. If you
    don't agree to these ground rules, let me know and I'll remove your tree
    from participation in linux-next.
      Last update: 2010-01-20 01:15    [W:0.021 / U:9.020 seconds]