    SubjectRe: Driver-Core: devtmpfs - reset inode permissions before unlinking
    On Thu, 14 Jan 2010, Kay Sievers wrote:
    > > That said, this does fix a possible security problem when a misconfigured
    > > system is used, and the fix looks rather simple...  Can it go to -stable
    > > eventually, even if it is months in the future, after it gets some testing
    > > in .34 ?   Minor problems are still problems...
    >
    > Sure, we could do that. There is some stuff in the current .33 kernel,
    > which could go into .32-stable too, if that's useful.

    I think it probably would be useful. I understand .32 is going to stay with
    us for a long time, so it should get any fixes that have withstood the test
    of time.

    It is very annoying to have subtly different kernel behaviour (from
    mainline) in a long-term stable series...

    Henrique Holschuh