    SubjectRe: Driver-Core: devtmpfs - reset inode permissions before unlinking
    On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 22:07, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
    <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 14 Jan 2010, Kay Sievers wrote:
    >> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 21:53, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
    >> <> wrote:
    >> >
    >> > Does a tmpfs mounted in /dev/shm count as "user-writable directory on the
    >> > same filesystem" ?
    >> Not if it's a separate tmpfs mount, which is recommended. Only if it's
    >> just a plain directory on the /dev filesystem.
    > Yeah, I noticed the abusurdity of my question when I re-read it, thanks for
    > being kind in the reply.
    > That said, this does fix a possible security problem when a misconfigured
    > system is used, and the fix looks rather simple...  Can it go to -stable
    > eventually, even if it is months in the future, after it gets some testing
    > in .34 ?   Minor problems are still problems...

    Sure, we could do that. There is some stuff in the current .33 kernel,
    which could go into .32-stable too, if that's useful.

      Last update: 2010-01-14 22:47    [W:0.020 / U:7.156 seconds]