SubjectRe: arm: Optimization for ethernet MAC handling at91_ether.c
Le 12/01/2010 18:51, James Kosin a écrit :
> On 1/12/2010 11:40 AM, Eric Dumazet wrote:

>> If this happens once in a while, why do you want driver to retry the transmit ?
>
> (a) It would improve performance by allowing the ISR to handle the re-transmit in this case.
> (b) It would help in the case of small glitches that may happen from external SDRAM without taxing the polling required to handle the re-transmit of the packet... ie: overhead required to re-queue and initiate a packet delivery... since the packet is already scheduled for delivery now.

OK, but then this also adds an extra check for each tx completion.

I dont have this piece of hardware, but seeing it has a one skb tx queue (!),
I suppose TX performance is not very good anyway...

at91ether_interrupt() should probably handle tx completion before rx, to feed
next frame faster.