    SubjectRe: BFS vs. mainline scheduler benchmarks and measurements

    * Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@arcor.de> wrote:

    > [...] That would mean that you (or anyone else with an interest of
    > tracking this down) would follow the examples given (by me and
    > others, like enabling desktop compositing, firing up mplayer with
    > a video and generally reproducing this using the quite detailed
    > steps I posted as a recipe).

    Could you follow up on Frederic's detailed tracing suggestions that
    would give us the source of the latency?

    ( Also, as per lkml etiquette, please try to keep the Cc: list
    intact when replying to emails. I missed your first reply
    that you un-Cc:-ed. )

    A quick look at the latencytop output suggests a scheduling latency.
    Could you send me the kernel .config that you are using?

    Ingo

      Last update: 2009-09-08 13:39    [W:0.022 / U:126.444 seconds]