    SubjectRe: Regarding dm-ioband tests
    Ryo Tsuruta wrote:

    > However, if you want to get fairness in a case like this, a new
    > bandwidth control policy which controls accurately according to
    > assigned weights can be added to dm-ioband.

    Are you saying that dm-ioband is purposely unfair,
    until a certain load level is reached?

    > We regarded reducing throughput loss rather than reducing duration
    > as the design of dm-ioband. Of course, it is possible to make a new
    > policy which reduces duration.

    ... while also reducing overall system throughput
    by design?

    Why are you even bothering to submit this to the
    linux-kernel mailing list, when there is a codebase
    available that has no throughput or fairness regressions?
    (Vivek's io scheduler based io controler)

    All rights reversed.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-09-07 15:57    [W:0.018 / U:3.568 seconds]