SubjectRe: [Bug #14015] pty regressed again, breaking expect and gcc's testsuite
Linus Torvalds writes:

> On Sat, 5 Sep 2009, Mikael Pettersson wrote:
> >
> > Thanks, I'm testing this and the pty_write() fix on i686 and ppc64 now.
> >
> > Sometimes the bug is difficult to trigger, so I may need to do loads of
> > testing with different gcc versions before I dare to say that it's fixed.
>
> Ok, I'm going to commit the two patches, because even if there is some
> other bug hiding too (and it doesn't fix your thing - although I think it
> will), this is definitely a real fix regardless.
>
> And I want to do a -rc9 and let it get a couple of days of testing, since
> I got way more pull requests than I hoped for while I was off diving.

With these two fixes my i686 box finished all gcc bootstrap/regtest
cycles I had scheduled with no signs of pty errors. My ppc64 box
isn't done yet, but so far it's not seen any errors either. So I'm
reasonably optimistic about these fixes.

/Mikael

  Last update: 2009-09-06 00:45    [W:0.168 / U:0.116 seconds]