    SubjectRe: [patch 00/33] my current vfs scalability patch queue
    On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 04:51:41PM +1000, npiggin@suse.de wrote:
    > But it is now getting to the point where I will need to get some agreement with
    > the approach.

    BTW, yes I'm aware numbers and results are needed. I have some things,
    but I don't have that big systems to test with, or really interesting
    workoads.

    I know google is running into lock contention which is why they proposed
    the batched iput dput patches. Peter Chubb hit inode lock contention
    with reaim (don't konw if that is considered realistic). And SGI have
    had various lock contention problems with NFS fileservers.

    So aside from reviews and suggestions, what would be most helpful to me
    would be people willing to test out their problematic workloads with
    me. It's the only way I can try to get them fixed.

    Thanks,
    Nick

      Last update: 2009-09-04 09:27    [W:4.203 / U:0.172 seconds]