    SubjectRe: IO scheduler based IO controller V10
    From
    Hi Rik,

    Rik van Riel <riel@redhat.com> wrote:
    > Ryo Tsuruta wrote:
    >
    > > Because dm-ioband provides faireness in terms of how many IO requests
    > > are issued or how many bytes are transferred, so this behaviour is to
    > > be expected. Do you think fairness in terms of IO requests and size is
    > > not fair?
    >
    > When there are two workloads competing for the same
    > resources, I would expect each of the workloads to
    > run at about 50% of the speed at which it would run
    > on an uncontended system.
    >
    > Having one of the workloads run at 95% of the
    > uncontended speed and the other workload at 5%
    > is "not fair" (to put it diplomatically).

    As I wrote in the mail to Vivek, I think that providing multiple
    policies, on a per disk time basis, on a per iosize basis, maximum
    rate limiting or etc would be good for users.

    Thanks,
    Ryo Tsuruta

      Last update: 2009-09-28 09:41    [W:2.743 / U:0.252 seconds]