    SubjectLinux 2.6.32-rc1

    It's been two weeks (and then some - but with last week being LinuxCon and
    Plumbers conf I extended it by a few days), and as usual that means that
    the merge window is all over and done with. 2.6.32-rc1 is out, so give it
    a whirl.

    What can I say? 67% drivers (the bulk of which is from 'staging', but
    there's driver changes all over), 10% firmware, 10% arch updates
    (dominated by arm, but MIPS, POWER, SH and x86 updates are there too,
    along with the new 'SCore' architecture), 5% Documentation, and a random
    smattering of other things (ie the normal filesystem, kernel, networking
    etc updates).

    For a change, I don't think we have a single new filesystem this time
    around, but we do have updates to existing ones (ocfs2, btrfs, nfs, nilfs,
    xfs, gfs2, ext4 - you name it).

    Some of the more interesting changes (but perhaps that's just me) are some
    of the VM updates (ZERO_PAGE is back!) and the writeback work by Jens and
    others to spread out writeback by backing store.

    Go wild, test it out, and let us know about any regressions you find,

    Linus

      Last update: 2009-10-18 23:28    [W:0.020 / U:126.384 seconds]