SubjectRe: how best to report results of my kernel tree scanning scripts?
On Sat, 26 Sep 2009, Jaswinder Singh Rajput wrote:

> Hello Robert,
>
> On Sat, 2009-09-26 at 08:16 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > since the merge window appears to be ready to close fairly soon(?),
> > i'm prepping to run my scanning scripts once again to identify (among
> > other things):
> >
> > * unused Kconfig CONFIG variables
> > * references to CONFIG_ variables that don't even exist (both in
> > source files and Makefiles)
> > * references to non-existent header files
> >
> > and bunches of other things. i'm open as to the best way to post the
> > results, since different people have different opinions.
> >
> > and, no, i can't just submit patches since, in many cases, i have no
> > idea what the fix should be (if any) -- that's the kind of decision
> > best left to the respective subsystem maintainers.
> >
> > thoughts? this is where i put the old output:
> >
> > http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Kernel_cleanup
> >

> Thanks for reporting these results, I will try to fix them and submit
> patches with Reported-by: Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@crashcourse.ca>

keep in mind that those are *old* results (although, of course, some
of it will still be relevant). i'll update those pages as soon as
-rc1 is out. unsurprisingly, some of that is historical cruft that's
been around a *looooong* time. very little of it represents actual
breakage but, occasionally, those scans will reveal actual typoes.

rday

Web page: http://crashcourse.ca
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday

  Last update: 2009-09-26 14:47    [W:0.053 / U:0.084 seconds]