    SubjectRe: fixing "pci=use_crs"
    On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 16:28 -0700, Yinghai Lu wrote:
    > On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas@hp.com> wrote:

    > > P.S. Yinghai, you posted some patches earlier dealing with "only one
    > > HT chain." You apparently have some insight into what's going on here,
    > > but unfortunately, the changelogs mean absolutely nothing to me. Can
    > > you give me any clues?
    >
    > which commit?
    >
    > normally we only need to have split root resource into several pieces
    > when we have two HT chains or other io chains...

    I meant the patches here:
    http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/6/24/557

    My opinion is that ACPI is there to give us an abstract description of
    the machine, and we shouldn't have to introduce knowledge like "this
    machine has two HT chains" or add checks in amd_bus.c about
    "pci_root_num <= 1".

    But maybe if I knew what an HT chain was and why you think it affects
    the description returned by _CRS, it would give me a clue about how to
    deal with this in a generic way.

    Bjorn

      Last update: 2009-09-24 05:27    [W:3.360 / U:0.132 seconds]