SubjectRe: [GIT PULL]: OMAP2/3 Display Subsystem
On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 22:03 +0200, ext Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 15:29:48 +0300
> Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@nokia.com> wrote:
>
> > Linus,
> >
> > Here's the new display subsystem and framebuffer driver for OMAP2/3.
> >
> > The driver has been reviewed on linux-omap and linux-fbdev-devel, and is in
> > use, for example, on N900, Beagle Board and Overo boards. We have an ACK for
> > the OMAP parts from Tony Lindgren, who maintains the OMAP platform.
> >
> > We have gotten positive feedback about the driver, for example in this thread:
> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=125171081901820&w=2
> >
> > The driver is actively maintained and developed further, and I have already a
> > bunch of patches on top of these patches, but I would like to get the big core
> > driver merged first. After the driver is merged, other people can send patches
> > to LCD drivers and board files to enable the new display subsystem on their
> > boards.
> >
> > Andrew said 2-3 weeks ago that he'll merge the driver (after he has looked
> > through it), but he hasn't responded since then. I'm guessing he's quite busy.
>
> That's because it came very late and conflicts considerably with
> changes which are already pending.
>
> > Please pull the new OMAP2/3 display subsystem driver from:
> >
> > git://gitorious.org/linux-omap-dss2/linux.git for-linus
> >

> Confused. These conflicts heavily with the changes which I've already
> queued, does it not? Ones which were queued way earlier than this
> material.
>
> If so, why on earth did you send a pull request, knowing that it would
> trash my tree?

Ah, my mistake. I'm new to getting patches merged and the process
involved. Somehow I thought the patches you have went already in, and as
I didn't get any replies for couple of week, I pursued another route.
Sorry about the confusion.

Let's continue this with less audience, no need to bother everyone with
this.

Tomi

  Last update: 2009-09-23 08:45    [W:0.137 / U:0.348 seconds]