SubjectRe: Feedback on "kbuild: generate modules.builtin"
On Sun, 2009-09-20 at 15:28 +0200, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 12:49:29PM -0700, akpm@linux-foundation.org wrote:
> > From: Michal Marek <mmarek@suse.cz>
> >
> > To make it easier for tools like mkinitrd to detect whether a needed
> > module is missing or whether it is compiled into the kernel, install a
> > modules.builtin file listing all modules built into the kernel. This is
> > done by generating an alternate config file with all tristate =y options
> > set to =Y and reading the makefiles with this config included. The built
> > in modules then appear in obj-Y.
>
> Hi Michael.
>
> [Added Steven on cc: as he had done some kconfig
> hacking lately].

Thanks!

> Got some time (finally) to look at this.

Unfortunately, I'm about to leave for two weeks. I got LinuxCon and
LinuxPlumbers to present at in Portland, then I fly off to Dresden
Germany to present at OSADL conference there. So I wont have anytime to
look at this until I'm done with these.

But please, keep me posted on any changes like this.

Thanks,

-- Steve

> I understand the functionality and I have myself had the need
> to see builtin modules.
>
> As for the implmentation I have a few comments.

  Last update: 2009-09-20 16:43    [W:1.346 / U:0.048 seconds]