SubjectRe: [GIT PULL, v4] S+core architecture (arch/score) support

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009, liqin.chen@sunplusct.com wrote:

> Would you please give me some advice, or tell me where
> to get these informations, that will be helpful for us to co-work
> with you in the future.

See all the other pull requests out there. Some of them are scripted (by
fairly trivial scripts), some of them are done by hand, but they tend to
all have the same structure: a 'shortlog' of the commits that are new, and
a diffstat (with summary) of the changes.

The important thing is that then I know what to expect from the pull,
rather than having to pull blindly and see the end result (without really
knowing whether that was what you intended for me to get).

There's even a 'git request-pull' script that comes with git that
generates these things, although I'm not sure how many people use that
particular script.

But just look for "please pull" on lkml, and you'll find a lot of
examples.

Btw, I appreciate people not sending just the raw unedited "git
request-pull" output. I'd like people to actually look at it to make sure
that the thing matches what you expected, but also add a few lines of your
own to describe the changes in your own words.

Linus

  Last update: 2009-10-18 23:28    [W:0.036 / U:0.172 seconds]