    SubjectRe: linux-arm-kernel useless for development (was Re: Your message to Linux-arm-kernel awaits moderator approval)
    On Thu 2009-08-06 06:02:10, Joe Perches wrote:
    > On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 13:40 +0100, Russell King wrote:
    > > On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 05:59:01PM +0530, David John wrote:
    > > > I think the basis of Pavel's complaint is that the ARM mailing list is
    > > > difficult to work with for casual users who might want to forward say,
    > > > a simple bug report.
    > > If only it were as simple as that.
    > []
    > > I'm not willing to spend vast sums of money in
    > > the legal domain to sort this issue out.
    > > Neither am I willing to take a chance.
    >
    > What chances are those?
    >
    > > And no, moving the list outside the EU domain doesn't relieve any
    > > of the lawful issues unless (as I understand the law) someone outside
    > > the EU were to run the list. And people would have to independently
    > > subscribe to it - I wouldn't be able to export the existing subscriber
    > > list outside the EU.
    >
    > I suspect a vger based ARM list would not require you to "run" it.
    >
    > Perhaps you overestimate the value of the arm subscriber database
    > as well as the work involved to subscribe to a list.
    >
    > Adding a "click this to subscribe to the new list" to the mailing
    > list trailer would work reasonably well.

    Actually, "subscribing" new vger list as a receiver for lakml should
    do the trick... for even easier migration.
    Pavel

      Last update: 2009-08-08 12:45    [W:0.029 / U:31.680 seconds]