SubjectRe: linux-arm-kernel useless for development (was Re: Your message to Linux-arm-kernel awaits moderator approval)
On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 13:40 +0100, Russell King wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 05:59:01PM +0530, David John wrote:
> > I think the basis of Pavel's complaint is that the ARM mailing list is
> > difficult to work with for casual users who might want to forward say,
> > a simple bug report.
> If only it were as simple as that.
[]
> I'm not willing to spend vast sums of money in
> the legal domain to sort this issue out.
> Neither am I willing to take a chance.

What chances are those?

> And no, moving the list outside the EU domain doesn't relieve any
> of the lawful issues unless (as I understand the law) someone outside
> the EU were to run the list. And people would have to independently
> subscribe to it - I wouldn't be able to export the existing subscriber
> list outside the EU.

I suspect a vger based ARM list would not require you to "run" it.

Perhaps you overestimate the value of the arm subscriber database
as well as the work involved to subscribe to a list.

Adding a "click this to subscribe to the new list" to the mailing
list trailer would work reasonably well.

> Now, people here can tell me I'm wrong, but they aren't in the legal
> profession... Would you get a gardener to fix your gas boiler, or
> would you get a qualified and registered gas engineer in?

Perhaps not using the gas boiler is another option.

  Last update: 2009-08-06 15:07    [W:0.101 / U:0.132 seconds]