SubjectRe: [RFC] respect the referenced bit of KVM guest pages?
On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 06:25:28PM +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:

> >> It should be easy to implement via the mmu notifier callback: when
> >> the mm calls clear_flush_young(), mark it as young, and unmap it from
> >> the EPT pagetable.
> >
> > You mean "mark it as old"?
>
> I meant 'return young, and drop it from the EPT pagetable'.
>
> If we use the present bit as a replacement for the accessed bit, present
> means young, and clear_flush_young means "if present, return young and
> unmap, otherwise return old'.

This is the only way to provide accurate information, and it's still a
minor fault so not very different than return young first time around
and old second time around without invalidating the spte... but the
only reason I like it more is that it is done at the right time, like
for the ptes, so probably it's best to implement it this way to ensure
total fairness of the VM regardless if it's guest or qemu-kvm touching
the virtual memory.

  Last update: 2009-08-05 18:39    [W:0.128 / U:0.032 seconds]