SubjectRE: [RFC] respect the referenced bit of KVM guest pages?
> It can't distinguish. Besides the pages being refaulted (as minor
> faults) implies they weren't collected yet. So the fact they are
> allowed to stay on active list or not can't matter or alter the
> refaulting issue.

Sounds like there's some terminology confusion. A refault is a page being discarded due to memory pressure and subsequently being faulted back in. I was counting the number of faults between the discard and faulting back in for each affected page. For a large number of predominately stack pages, that number was very small.

Jeff

  Last update: 2009-08-05 18:15    [W:0.161 / U:0.844 seconds]