SubjectExample idea for how to solve the clock/cnf problem.
Hi folks,

I've spent a little time hacking on the code this afternoon, here is a
WIP that completely removes cnf area accesses from the mmc driver. These
are now pushed out into the platform / MFD level code. I've taken
TC6393XB as an example and pushed the CNF code into that. I imagine that
several chips can share that code so I will break it out into another
file, mfd/tmio_common.c, probably.

This code probably doesnt compile yet, but should give some idea about
how I think this should be done.

How are other devices setting the card clock? are they using my clock
setup function? If so, then we are probably best off avoiding the clock
API for the card clock, as getting the full range of frequencies require
access to both CNF and CTL areas on TMIO MFDs.

If not, then we will need to do more thinking.

  Last update: 2009-08-05 16:05    [W:0.368 / U:0.104 seconds]