    SubjectRe: Tracing thread name
    Hi Mathieu,

    Mathieu Desnoyers a écrit :
    > * Matthieu CASTET ( wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I use ltt on a 2.6.27 on an arm architecture.
    >> It works quite well, but I have a minor problem :
    >> my application sets thread name with prctl PR_SET_NAME. But ltt viewer
    >> doesn't seem to saw it.
    > Hrm, I guess we might want to instrument set_task_comm as you propose to
    > get the correct process name, but if this gets us the thread name, I
    > think it's only an implementation side-effect:

    > The way LTTng handles thread names is by adding a userspace "thread
    > branding" event. It should be executed at thread startup. The downside
    > of the current LTTng approach is that we cannot know the name of threads
    > already executing before we started tracing.

    Do you know if it is possible to patch my version to add such feature ?

    I saw that the name already change in the trace before/after an exec.
    How lltv get the new name ?
    With "fs.exec" tracepoint ?
    In that case I could fake a "fs.exec" tracepoint in set_task_comm.

      Last update: 2009-08-04 12:15    [W:0.027 / U:16.856 seconds]