SubjectRe: linux-next: i2c tree build failure
Hi Jean,

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:04:49 +0200 Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org> wrote:

> These are caused by the fact that I moved the patch adding
> class_compat_create_link() and friends out of the NEXT_PATCHES section.
> I did so because Greg KH (Cc'd) added this patch to his driver-core
> patch set, which I thought was part of linux-next. I simply didn't want
> to apply the same patch twice.

It doesn't really matter if the same patch appears twice - git usually
copes quite well. Also I can tell and I (usually) don't bother
commenting on it.

> To clarify the dependency, I added the following to my series.conf:
>
> # NEXT_BASE driver-core.current
>
> but apparently it didn't work as intended.
>
> Greg, please clarify whether the patch in question
> (driver-core-add-support-for-compatibility-classes.patch) is pushed to
> linux-next or not.
>
> Stephen, if my dependency tag is not correct, please tell me how to fix
> it.

It was fine, except that Greg has that patch in the driver-core series
(not driver-core.current). It you decide to leave that patch out and
change the dependency, please let me know as I will then have to merge
your tree after Greg's (it is currently earlier.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au

  Last update: 2009-08-31 13:07    [W:0.042 / U:0.684 seconds]