    SubjectRe: mm/-next release on kernel.org web page?
    On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 05:42:31PM -0700, J.H. wrote:

    > Not to reply to myself, but I've pushed out an update that should
    > incorporate the expected trees now, this does eliminate the 2.2 and all
    > but the last 2.4 tree (2.4.37.5), but does include all of the stable
    > 2.6.x trees, the snapshots and linux-next. Frontpage, finger and rss
    > should all be showing the new information universally. I'll probably
    > tweak things a bit more (layout and such for the rss & html) but the
    > kernels should now be listed as people expect.

    This looks a lot better, thanks. But note that the 2.6.28 and 2.6.29
    stable series are no longer maintained, and the current versions of them
    have known security issues, so it might not be a good idea to show that
    they are recommended for use at all.

    Is there some way that we can "mark" activly maintained releases to have
    them show up on the front page in any way? We can use the LATEST-IS
    type file in the kernel directory if you want, that would be a simple
    way to maintain this information.

    thanks,

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2009-08-27 05:37    [W:2.502 / U:0.380 seconds]