SubjectRe: [Bug #14011] Kernel paging request failed in kmem_cache_alloc
On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 17:59 +0300, Pekka Enberg wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Matthias Dahl<ml_kernel@mortal-soul.de> wrote:
> >> Can you reproduce the bug without the proprietary nvidia module that
> >> seems to be loaded?
> >
> > I am sorry but I forgot to test that and right now I am not very keen on
> > trying again since this is my primary machine and I had quite some fs
> > corruption (ext4 on md raid5 -> no barriers) the last times. :-( But this also
> > happened w/o Xorg ever being run during that session (though naturally the
> > nvidia kernel module was still loaded).
>
> Sure, I can understand that. The bug looks like regular slab
> corruption which could have been caused the nvidia blob. So I think
> the issue should be closed unless someone can reproduce it without the
> blob.
>
> That said, sys_inotify_add_watch() also appears in the trace and
> there's been quite a few bug fixes in that area recently so I guess we
> should CC Eric Paris just in case the oops rings a bell to him.

Nope, no bells here :( That slab cache is declared globally and
allocated at __init time. I haven't seen any reports of writes off the
ends of marks which might mess up a chache... sorry.....

-Eric

  Last update: 2009-08-26 17:11    [W:0.054 / U:0.424 seconds]