    SubjectRe: RFC: THE OFFLINE SCHEDULER
    On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 13:29 +0300, raz ben yehuda wrote:

    > OFFSCHED is bad name to my project. My project is called SOS = Service
    > Oriented System.
    > SOS, has nothing to do with Real time.

    ??

    The paper you pointed me at maintains it's very much about realtime.

    <quote>
    This paper argues that OFFSCHED fits to the niche of Multiprocessors
    real time systems by partitioning a system to two; the operating system
    and OFFSCHED. OFFSHCED is a hybrid system. It is hybrid because it is
    both real time and still a regular Linux server. Real time is mainly
    achieved by the NMI characteristic and the CPU isolation. It is a hybrid
    system because OFFSCHED scheduler interacts with the operating system.
    </quote>

    -Mike.

      Last update: 2009-08-26 10:05    [W:0.024 / U:1.168 seconds]