    SubjectRe: [patch] ext2/3: document conditions when reliable operation is possible
    Pavel Machek wrote:

    >> So, would you be happy if ext3 fsck was always run on reboot (at least
    >> for flash devices)?
    >
    > For flash devices, MD Raid 5 and anything else that needs it; yes that
    > would make me happy ;-).

    Sorry, but that just shows your naivete.

    Metadata takes up such a small part of the disk that fscking
    it and finding it to be OK is absolutely no guarantee that
    the data on the filesystem has not been horribly mangled.

    Personally, what I care about is my data.

    The metadata is just a way to get to my data, while the data
    is actually important.

    --
    All rights reversed.

    ©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans