    SubjectRe: Smart Battery System Design (was: Re: Question about userspace-consumer)
    Hi!

    > > > Like you say this is a very old design but even there I'm fairly
    > > > surprised it's causing issues when charging from a wall supply. If
    > > > you're charging from USB then there is obviously a constraint on the
    > > > power draw but normally a modern system has sufficiently low power draw
    > > > when idle that it's not actually a big deal - runtime power management
    > > > facilities have improved greatly.
    >
    > > Well... all the hardware I have here (zaurus, openmoko, htc dream) has
    > > issues with power consumption while charging... so I do not think
    > > runtime pm is solved problem.
    >
    > The Zaurus and OpenMoko aren't exactly modern designs. The Dream does
    > surprise me, though. I can't find any references to issues with this -
    > any pointers? If the phone were actually in use I'd expect it to have
    > trouble charging off USB but sitting idle it's a lot more surprising,
    > especially running Android.

    Well, I'd like the older designs to work well too. (Actually, the
    Dream... was on wifi when I got bad problems charging it from
    usb.... so maybe charging while suspended would not help there).
    Pavel

      Last update: 2009-08-22 21:39    [W:0.029 / U:65.072 seconds]