SubjectRe: ACPI locks hardware devices when it doesn't detect vista
On Sun, 2009-08-23 at 01:36 +0300, Maxim Levitsky wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-08-23 at 01:02 +0300, Maxim Levitsky wrote:

> > Just one note. At least I am now sure that OSI("Windows 2006") does
> > return true by default.
> >
> > I have tried booting here with acpi_osi="!Windows 2006", and actually
> > the CIR PNP device disappeared. I guess that _STA that returns zero
> > causes that.
> >
> > On his laptop, ENE0100 device doesn't disappear, but still someone
> > writes zero to LPCB.IOR2 (we checked and found out that it was zero)

Just to make it clear:
on Mairo's laptop, booting without any special parameters, doesn't
remove the device from pnp list, but its I/O range is blocked.
Booting with acpi_osi="!Windows 2006" actually removes it from pnp list,
exactly, like on my system (I don't have completely confirmation of
that, but according to dmesg, my driver never gets loaded)

Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky