    SubjectRe: Mailing List Etiquette
    Pavel Machek wrote:
    > On Fri 2009-08-21 09:39:53, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
    >>> Cool.

    >>> If you are not willing to keep information up to date, don't spam with
    >>> it. It is as simple as that. I'm looking forward to list administrator
    >>> who does not go ballistic every time problem is reported with his
    >>> list, and the one who does not call me names.
    >> Your constant whinging is the reason for the action which has now been
    >> taken. The lists are now off line until future notice, when I can deal
    >> with the crap that constantly pours out of your keyboard.
    >
    > So perhaps following patch is in order?
    > Pavel

    Is everyone happy now? Can't we just solve the problem in a more elegant
    way instead of irritating each other and showing disrespect?

    I've been working on ARM-list for several years, there is some trivial
    issues, nothing is perfect, but I found it working quite well and is
    well managed. Russell has invested a lot effort in making this happen
    indeed in the past several years, and someone need to see this fact.
    Let's have more considerations for him: what if you are forced to
    change something you've devoted much in, and even with some difficult
    and hard-to-tell reasons?

    Well, I mean if there are really good reasons to move over to vger,
    the vast majority of the ARM community would have already moved there,
    there must be some values within the ARM-list.

    It's OK there are some requirements to make this ML more open and
    works more like other ML on vger, but this thread apparently, shows
    a bad way to solve problems.

    And I don't like the patch, it doesn't solve any problem. Leaving for
    each subsystem maintainers to make the choice will be a better idea
    to me.

      Last update: 2009-08-21 17:19    [W:7.471 / U:0.244 seconds]