SubjectRe: [Bug #13941] x86 Geode issue
From
On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Ingo Molnar<mingo@elte.hu> wrote:

> * Martin-Éric Racine <q-funk@iki.fi> wrote:
>
>> Yes, this bug is still valid.
>>
>> Ubuntu kernel team member Leann Ogasawara and I are slowly
>> bisecting our way through the changes that took place since 2.6.30
>> to find the commit that introduced this regression. Please stay
>> tuned.
>
> hm, the only outright Geode related commit was:
>
>  d6c585a: x86: geode: Mark mfgpt irq IRQF_TIMER to prevent resume failure
>
> the jpg at:
>
>  http://launchpadlibrarian.net/28892781/00002.jpg
>
> is very out of focus - but what i could decypher suggests a
> pagefault crash in the VFS code, in generic_delete_inode().

There's a few more JPEG images below that have a slightly sharper image.

> Which could be a VFS bug, or a filesystem bug, or some unrelated
> memory corruption hitting the inode data structure.

It could indeed be many things.

I've been trying to boot this into a larger framebuffer to be able to
fit more data into my snapshots, but it appears that vga=795 doesn't
work anymore. Have we reverted to Hex values again or is this just an
issue of some kernel module missing from initrd?

Martin-Éric