    SubjectRe: drivers/pci/quirks.c: irq_reroute_variant is dead code?
    On 11.08.2009 14:36, Olaf Dabrunz wrote:
    > On 11-Aug-09, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    >> * Stefan Assmann<sassmann@redhat.com> wrote:

    >>> Thanks Jesse! CCing Olaf as well.

    >>> Actually the ACPI part of the commit got trashed by some major
    >>> ACPI rewrite. [...]
    >> Yeah, i remember some larger reject resolved by Len i think, about
    >> two cycles ago, in this area. So we probably lost those bits there -
    >> i've Cc:-ed Len.
    >>
    >> There's no urgency in terms of v2.6.31 (since we never really
    >> exposed this new functionality in a new release), but it would be
    >> nice to get to the bottom of this.
    >
    > Yep, that would be nice.
    >
    > I was made aware of that problem early this year when the ACPI code
    > change was made. Since then I heard that someone already wrote some
    > patch for the boot IRQ quirks. But obviously that referred to some other
    > part of the quirk. Stefan?

    That's a whole different story (other chipset). ;-)

    > As I am currently unemployed, demotivated and trying to get my work on
    > fctrace going again (as well as to get the rest of my life in order),
    > it seems I have no time to fix this. I would love to, really. We need to
    > get these quirks in, and I would like to discuss how to do this The Right
    > Way with the rewritten ACPI code (and the existing MP code).

    Well, best of luck!

    Stefan
    --
    Stefan Assmann | Red Hat GmbH
    Software Engineer | Otto-Hahn-Strasse 20, 85609 Dornach
    | HR: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 153243
    | GF: Brendan Lane, Charlie Peters,
    sassmann at redhat.com | Michael Cunningham, Charles Cachera

      Last update: 2009-08-11 15:53    [W:6.989 / U:0.096 seconds]