SubjectRe: mmap hw behavior
David Miller wrote:
> From: Michal Simek <michal.simek@petalogix.com>
> Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 19:03:11 +0200
>

>> When I call mmap for that open file with pointer to calloc place
>> (first parameter, + length zero) it should be one tlb invalidation
>> for calloc and new tlb which connect open file. We check it and we
>> don't have any tlb invalidation that's why I think that kernel do
>> different thigs. Or is it there any copying? Or anything different?
>>

> There is no need to tlb flush the calloc area unless that memory area
> is actually touched by the user application and thus the page is
> faulted in.

That calloc area is filled by any value (in that test). Is it mean that
for this case when calloc area is touched
there must be tlb invalidation + remapping?

Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng)
PetaLogix - Linux Solutions for a Reconfigurable World

  Last update: 2009-07-08 20:05    [W:0.050 / U:0.048 seconds]