SubjectRe: [RFC] IO scheduler based IO controller V6
* Vivek Goyal <vgoyal@redhat.com> [2009-07-02 16:01:32]:

> Hi All,
>
> Here is the V6 of the IO controller patches generated on top of 2.6.31-rc1.
>
> Previous versions of the patches was posted here.
>
> (V1) http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/3/11/486
> (V2) http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/5/5/275
> (V3) http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/5/26/472
> (V4) http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/6/8/580
> (V5) http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/6/19/279
>
> This patchset is still work in progress but I want to keep on getting the
> snapshot of my tree out at regular intervals to get the feedback hence V6.

Hi, Vivek,

I was able to compile and boot a 2.6.31-rc1 kernel with this patchset.
I have a request could you fold up all patches and make one
consolidated patch available somewhere (makes it easier to test), may
be a git tree?

I did some quick tests with some io benchmarks and found in a simple
scenario that the scheduler worked as expected, except that it took
very long. I'll investigate further and revert back.

--
Balbir

  Last update: 2009-07-08 05:59    [W:0.446 / U:0.312 seconds]