lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2009]   [Jul]   [6]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
Date
From
SubjectRe: "EXT3-fs error" after resume from s2ram
(ccing linux-ide)

On 07/06/2009 03:51 AM, Christof Warlich wrote:
> Robert Hancock schrieb:
>> There should definitely be some libata messages from the
>> suspend/resume process, they might not end up in that file though. You
>> might want to try changing the console loglevel before suspend so that
>> all kernel messages get displayed..
>
> Ok, I got the suspend / resume process logged quite complete now, it
> took me some time though to save the data due to the inaccessibility of
> the root filesystem after resume. But (a modified version of) netcat
> finally was my friend :-).
>
> So below you'll find all messages from "kern.*" between the point when
> calling "s2ram -f -p" up to the point when the system is back. The
> requested libata messages are included. Please let me know if any
> additional data would help.
> Jul 6 09:15:40 fossie kernel: [ 314.072707] WARNING: at
> /home/kernel-ppa/mainline/build/kernel/smp.c:289
> smp_call_function_single+0xa9/0x100()
> Jul 6 09:15:40 fossie kernel: [ 314.072707] WARNING: at
> /home/kernel-ppa/mainline/build/kernel/smp.c:289
> smp_call_function_single+0xa9/0x100()

This WARN should likely be looked at by someone, but it doesn't seem to
be the main culprit.

> Jul 6 09:15:41 fossie kernel: [ 316.648468] ata1.00: ACPI cmd
> ef/03:0c:00:00:00:a0 filtered out
> Jul 6 09:15:41 fossie kernel: [ 316.648468] ata1.00: ACPI cmd
> ef/03:0c:00:00:00:a0 filtered out
> Jul 6 09:15:41 fossie kernel: [ 316.648480] ata1.00: ACPI cmd
> ef/03:45:00:00:00:a0 filtered out
> Jul 6 09:15:41 fossie kernel: [ 316.648480] ata1.00: ACPI cmd
> ef/03:45:00:00:00:a0 filtered out
> Jul 6 09:15:41 fossie kernel: [ 316.659047] ata1.00: n_sectors mismatch
> 268435456 != 312581808
> Jul 6 09:15:41 fossie kernel: [ 316.659047] ata1.00: n_sectors mismatch
> 268435456 != 312581808
> Jul 6 09:15:41 fossie kernel: [ 316.659054] ata1.00: revalidation failed
> (errno=-19)

This is why the hard disk failed to resume, somehow the drive shows a
capacity of 149GB after resume but only 128GB before. What's the actual
capacity of the drive? I suspect the drive has a host protected area on
it, and somehow the HPA isn't showing up after we resume.

Can you post the dmesg log from normal bootup?


\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2009-07-07 03:03    [from the cache]
©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans