SubjectRe: mmap syscall problem
Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Monday 06 July 2009, Michal Simek wrote:
>
>>> Does this happen on microblaze-mmu or microblaze-nommu, or both?
>>> The mmap code for the two is very different.
>>>

>> For MMU code.
>>

> Could this be a cache-aliasing problem? If your cache is 'virtually-indexed'
> (most architectures are 'physically-indexed'), the kernel may have written
> into different parts of the D-cache than what the user space is reading
> from. If you have a write-through cache, that can explain why you only
> see the stale data at the beginning of the page -- the cache controller
> is still busy writing back the data when you start reading it from
> DRAM through the cache alias.

I don't think so because we run that test on Microblaze without caches
and test failed too.
I think that this is sufficient test to tell that the problem is not
relate with caches.

Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng)
PetaLogix - Linux Solutions for a Reconfigurable World

  Last update: 2009-07-06 14:09    [W:0.157 / U:0.096 seconds]