    On Wed, 2009-07-22 at 10:37 +0200, Thomas Hellström wrote:
    > TTM has a device struct per device and an optional global struct that is
    > common for all devices and intended to be per subsystem.
    > The only subsystem currently having a global structure is the memory
    > accounting subsystem:
    > struct ttm_mem_global

    Thomas i don't think the way we init ttm_mem_global today make
    it follow the 1 struct ttm_mem_global for everyone. I think it
    should be initialized and refcounted by device struct.

    So on first device creation a ttm_mem_global is created and
    then anytime a new device is created the refcount of ttm_mem_global
    is increased. This would mean some static global refcount inside
    ttm_memory.c, maybe there is something similar to singleton in
    the linux toolbox.

    Thought ? Idea ?

      Last update: 2009-07-28 18:53    [W:0.022 / U:1.500 seconds]