    SubjectRe: Linux
    Éric Piel wrote:
    > Op 25-07-09 00:27, Greg KH schreef:
    >> I'm announcing the release of the kernel. It fixes a
    >> boot-time error with the release. If you don't have this
    >> problem, no need to upgrade.
    >> I'll also be replying to this message with a copy of the patch between
    >> and
    >> The updated 2.6.27.y git tree can be found at:
    >> git://
    >> and can be browsed at the normal git web browser:
    > Hello,
    > Currently, there is no clue on that 2.6.27 is a "long
    > term stable" kernel tree. Would it be possible to add a line to the page
    > pointing to the latest version of this type of tree? I'm sure some
    > people would love discovering that such thing exists :-)

    Eric, Everyone,

    Yes we know about this problem, the code that generates the numbers on
    the front page is really quite ancient (and thus any assumption we had
    back when it was written is anything but the same now) and we have been
    working on getting it updated. However there has been a lot going on,
    Fedora's recent excitement, Linux Symposium, OSCon, etc and work on this
    has been disrupted and scattered - I.E. I haven't gotten very far on it
    yet :-(

    I'm hoping to get back onto it next week, but please bear with us while
    we try and get it all sorted out and try and get the code into such a
    shape that we can actually cope with the ever changing idea of what are
    'latest' kernels are now, and going forward.

    - John 'Warthog9' Hawley

      Last update: 2009-07-25 04:31    [W:0.027 / U:42.308 seconds]