    SubjectRe: Threaded interrupts for synaptic touchscreen in HTC dream
    On Wednesday 22 July 2009, Mark Brown wrote:
    > Yes, I think that'll be required for users like gpiolib.  If someone's
    > done something like have a button implemented by attaching switch to a
    > GPIO input on for something like jack detect on an audio CODEC or a wake
    > source for a PMIC then we've got generic code that expects to just take
    > a gpio/irq and interact with it.

    Is there a problem with how it works now? GPIO calls come in
    sleeping (e.g. over I2C or SPI) and non-sleeping (classic SoC
    GPIOs) varieties. And it's not gpiolib which would handle any
    IRQ support ... it's the driver for the GPIO chip, which would
    expose both irq_chip and gpio_chip facets. (Just like classic
    SoC GPIO drivers.)

    So if a handler uses only non-sleeping calls, it needs at most
    minor tweaks to make sure it can be used from a threaded context.

    If it uses sleeping calls, it already has to arrange that it
    runs in a threaded context.

      Last update: 2009-07-22 19:07    [W:0.028 / U:77.556 seconds]