    SubjectRe: Threaded interrupts for synaptic touchscreen in HTC dream
    On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 09:39:32AM -0700, David Brownell wrote:

    > The normal model is that boards don't get involved with that level of
    > logic ... all IRQs get set up once on generic code, and flow handlers
    > don't change. Or if they do change, it's done when changing the IRQ's
    > trigger mode from edge to level, or vice versa.

    > Can that be cleaned up a bit, so that the handle_level_oneshot_irq()
    > and unmask_oneshot_irq() stuff kicks in automatically when needed,
    > instead of requiring board-specific (or driver-specific) code to get
    > that stuff right?

    Thomas was reluctant to do that but up till now every single user has
    been asking for it. A flag in the driver requesting the behaviour
    sounds OK to me, there are devices that can use threaded IRQs while
    interacting with the device in the primary handler NAPI style.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-07-22 18:53    [W:0.035 / U:52.096 seconds]