    Subject[RFC][patch 0/5] clocksource cleanup / improvement
    Greetings,
    I had a go at the clocksource code and tried to make it better. The
    first 4 patches contain some code cleanup and improve the separation
    between timekeeping.c and clocksource.[ch].
    Patch #5 is the one with the real change: the switch to a new clock
    source is now done with stop_machine instead of checking with every
    wall time update. A clocksource change is an extremely rare thing,
    to use stop_machine seems reasonable to me.

    What I'd like to do is to make the content of struct clocksource
    private to clocksource.c and clocksource.h. The biggest road-block
    to get there is update_wall_time. I stared at it for hours and then
    gave up. A bit of unfinished business ..

    The clocksource patches have been created against todays upstream
    tree plus the patches from the tip tree, if anyone wants to try them
    you need to pull from:
    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/x86/linux-2.6-tip

    --
    blue skies,
    Martin.

      Last update: 2009-07-21 21:25    [W:0.018 / U:31.672 seconds]