    SubjectRe: Threaded interrupts for synaptic touchscreen in HTC dream
    On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 01:49:33PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
    > On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 06:00:07PM +0530, Trilok Soni wrote:
    > > Hopefully, this thread can give all details about threaded irq discussion.
    > >
    > Yes, I'm aware of that - I read it at the time. It seemed to peter out
    > without any satisfactory solution, unfortunately. There's two separate
    > issues here:
    > - Ordinary devices on interrupt driven or slow buses like I2C. These
    > need something along the lines of request_threaded_irq() that's allows
    > them to schedule the main IRQ handler outside hardirq context so
    > that they can interact with the device. They need to do something in
    > hardirq context to disable the interrupt if it's level triggered but
    > most of the time the only option they've got is to disable the IRQ
    > and reenable it when the worker thread is done. This is the issue
    > here.
    > My immediate thought when I noticed this was that we should probably
    > fix request_threaded_irq() so that it's useful for them; I'd been
    > intending to do some digging and try to understand why it is
    > currently implemented as it is.
    > - Multi-function devices like the twl4030 which have an interrupt
    > controller on them and would like to expose that interrupt controller
    > via the generic IRQ subsystem. This was a large part of the
    > discussion in the thread above is a much trickier problem.
    > I've added the folks from Samsung posting the MELFAS MCS-5000 driver to
    > the thread since they're running into the same issue.

    Let's also add Thomas and David since I believe they worked on the

    From my part I would like to have the threaded IRQ available to all
    drivers since it seens to be hanlding driver shutdown cleanly and
    without races which is a big plus for me since very few drivers get it

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-07-21 18:07    [W:0.023 / U:70.740 seconds]