SubjectRe: CONFIG_VFAT_FS_DUALNAMES regressions
From
Hi Pavel,

> Actually, why not having dosfsck creating _matching_ short names for
> long names? As it only writes short names, it should be safe :-).

As I mentioned to Boaz, what usually matters for claim construction in
patents is the overall system. I'm sure John Lanza would be happy to
run through it with you if you want a more legally detailed answer,
but basically breaking it up within the one system isn't likely to
help us.

Like I mentioned to Boaz though, do keep thinking about it. There may
well be a better solution that nobody has suggested yet. You might
also like to read the file wrapper (availble on the USPTO site) which
shows the discussions between the patent office and the
applicant. That is often a good source of inspiration for patent
workarounds. If you think you've found something then it might be a
good idea to raise it with John Lanza first.

Cheers, Tridge

  Last update: 2009-07-21 15:27    [W:1.458 / U:0.596 seconds]