    SubjectRe: [patch 0/4] perf_counter tools: support annotation of live kernel modules
    On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 09:17 +0200, Mike Galbraith wrote:

    > I've been pondering a perf archive tool
    > that would package everything that's needed to do analysis on a
    > different box. One big problem though, is that while you can easily
    > package vmlinux and modules, what about all the userland binaries? A
    > large perf.data and/or debug info binaries can easily make transport
    > impractical enough.

    I would simply extend the current file header with another section in
    which we do a structured storage of the data structures we currently
    build in perf-report. That is, the dso and symbol bits.

    If we then run perf-report on a file containing such a section we read
    that data instead of trying to locate them the regular way.

      Last update: 2009-07-02 14:13    [W:0.027 / U:0.084 seconds]