    SubjectRe: PROPOSAL: extend pipe() to support NULL argument.
    From
    On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Amerigo Wang<xiyou.wangcong@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>Are you familiar with splice() and tee()? They both use pipes as kernel buffers.
    >
    > You are not answering the question, obviously.
    When you use pipes as kernel buffer handlers, two fd isn't necessary.
    Using one will save half of fd resources. Is it obviously?

    > And you snipped too much, how can you return that fd? Using the return value?
    one RW file descriptor is returned. I have answered this in the first post.

    > Ah! This will probably break the user-space program...

    I don't think so. As a skillful programmer, who will trasfter pipe() a
    NULL pointer? In any way, it is break sth, but not very seriously, and
    won't affact any right and robust program.

    --
    Regards,
    Changli Gao(xiaosuo@gmail.com)

      Last update: 2009-07-02 12:07    [W:0.022 / U:1.420 seconds]