SubjectRe: PROPOSAL: extend pipe() to support NULL argument.
From
On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Amerigo Wang<xiyou.wangcong@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Are you familiar with splice() and tee()? They both use pipes as kernel buffers.
>
> You are not answering the question, obviously.
When you use pipes as kernel buffer handlers, two fd isn't necessary.
Using one will save half of fd resources. Is it obviously?

> And you snipped too much, how can you return that fd? Using the return value?
one RW file descriptor is returned. I have answered this in the first post.

> Ah! This will probably break the user-space program...

I don't think so. As a skillful programmer, who will trasfter pipe() a
NULL pointer? In any way, it is break sth, but not very seriously, and
won't affact any right and robust program.

--
Regards,
Changli Gao(xiaosuo@gmail.com)

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans