SubjectRe: Regression 2.6.31: xc5000 no longer works with Myth-0.21-fixes branch
Devin Heitmueller wrote:

> Yeah, the situation with the seven second firmware load time is well
> known. It's actually a result of the i2c's implementation in the
> au0828 hardware not properly supporting i2c clock stretching. Because
> of some bugs in the hardware, I have it clocked down to something like
> 30KHz as a workaround. I spent about a week investigating the i2c bus
> issue with my logic analyzer, and had to move on to other things. I
> documented the gory details here back in March if you really care:
..

From your livejournal comments, it sounded like the slow clock might
not be necessary until *after* the firmware transfer.

Mmm.. I wonder if perhaps a higher clock speed could be used
during the firmware download, and then switch to the slower 30KHz
speed afterward ?

This could reduce the firmware transfer to a couple of seconds,
much better than the current 6-7 second pause.

Cheers

  Last update: 2009-07-20 04:21    [W:0.143 / U:0.044 seconds]