    SubjectRe: What to do with this message ( ?
    On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 01:18:02 -0700 (PDT)
    David Rientjes <> wrote:

    > On Wed, 15 Jul 2009, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
    > [...]
    > I added Justin Piszcz to the cc since he was having the same problem as
    > described in
    > He was unable to get slabtop -o output when this was happening, though, so
    > maybe you could grab a snapshot of that when you get these failures? It
    > will help us figure out what cache the slab leak is in (assuming there is
    > one, >1G of slab on this machine is egregious).

    I am pretty sure I can handle that. From the timestamps it looks like it
    always happens when large amounts of data come in from rsyncs. These are
    cronjobs, so I got the time.
    Question: I just checked "slabtop -o" and found out it outputs exactly
    nothing, whereas slabtop (without option -o) shows up just like (process) top
    with lots of lines. Can you clarify why there is no console output at all with
    option -o ?

    > Justin, were you using e1000e in your bug report?
    > If you have some additional time, it would also be helpful to get a
    > bisection of when the problem started occurring (it appears to be sometime
    > between 2.6.29 and 2.6.30).

    Do you know what version should definitely be not affected? I can check one
    kernel version per day, can you name a list which versions to check out?

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-07-15 11:39    [W:0.020 / U:2.796 seconds]