SubjectRe: HTC: touchscreen driver
From
On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Pavel Machek<pavel@ucw.cz> wrote:

>> > Ok, that should be simple enough to apply, but lets do improvements
>> > when we cleaned the code enough for the mainline...?
>>
>> We need this change now. Your cleanup will cause conflicts for anyone
>> using our driver, so it would be better if it includes all our fixes.
>
> Well, I don't expect you to use the cleaned-up driver as-is: I had to
> remove the wakelocks functionality as infrastructure is not in
> mainline.

OK. The driver does not use wakelocks tough, only earlysuspend, so
your cleaned up version should be fully functional. The early suspend
hooks are only used to save power in idle when the screen is off.

> (Plus, I do not have hardware to test your latest version).

True, but the protocol documentation is available:
http://www.synaptics.com/sites/default/files/511_000099_01F.pdf

> Applying small patch on top of cleaned up driver should be better than
> carrying whole driver itself, right?

Perhaps, but the only problem I encountered with this driver so far
was when calling disable_irq from the interrupt handler stopped
working on non-smp systems in 2.6.30 (which is another patch you
should probably apply first).

--
Arve Hjønnevåg