SubjectRe: HTC Dream camera support for staging
From
On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Pavel Machek<pavel@ucw.cz> wrote:
>> > gpio_matrix: I thought in-tree zaurus keypad driver has recently
>> > became generic enough to almost replace this?

I would recommend using our driver since it allows multiple input
types in the same device. The generic matrix driver may work, but you
will not get the power and camera keys in the same device. The generic
driver also does not yet handle phantom keys, so if you for instance
press right-alt+right-shift+p you will also get 9. Our gpio input
driver also handles the trackball.

I have also seen devices that put the trackball click in the keypad
matrix which means we have to change our gpio input driver to create
multiple input devices. That change would also allow the two keypads
on the G1 to be separate input devices which would allow both menu
keys to report KEY_MENU.

--
Arve Hjønnevåg